Results 1 to 7 of 7

Thread: Industrial IP

  1. #1
    Inactive Member rmurphy's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 5th, 2002
    Posts
    17
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Does anyone know of any sites where I can get practice exams and code quizzes for the industrial IP?

  2. #2
    HB Forum Owner electric-ed's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 17th, 2001
    Posts
    191
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    They are not specifically related to industrial topics, but you will find a number of free tutorials and practice quizzes, that can be done online, at this web site -
    http://www.thelearningpit.com/

    Scroll about half-way down the page.

    Last time I saw it, the Industrial IP included quite a few questions on process control, instrumentation, and PLCs, etc.

    Good to hear from you again, millvalemurph. Hope this helps.

    Ed

  3. #3
    Inactive Member rmurphy's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 5th, 2002
    Posts
    17
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Thanks ed. We miss ya up here!

  4. #4
    Inactive Member wacked's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 17th, 2003
    Posts
    8
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Is there an actual test for industrial electricians? I thought that there is the IP and the provincial exams only.

  5. #5
    Inactive Member CRM's Avatar
    Join Date
    February 29th, 2004
    Posts
    32
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I can tell you about Alberta, there are two interprovincial red seal exams for electricians. There is one for Construction Electrician, and another for Industrial Electrican. You have to be a Journeyman to take these exams, if you pass either exam, your electrician certification is valid across Canada.

  6. #6
    Inactive Member wacked's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 17th, 2003
    Posts
    8
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I have been a journeyman since 1996 in B.C.
    Does anyone know if this is true in B.C.??
    I wonder if I applied for a job in Alberta say at some industrial work setting would my regular interprovincial ( red seal ) be accepted.
    It sounds like things have changed a fair bit since 1996.

  7. #7
    Inactive Member CRM's Avatar
    Join Date
    February 29th, 2004
    Posts
    32
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Check out this website. www.red-seal.ca it tells you about all the different provinces.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •